Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Post

Last Saturday marked my 2 year anniversary as an expat in Hyderabad.  During those past 2 years I have gone to many places, and searched for many things.  I felt it was time to share my knowledge and that of my friends, for the benefit of all the expats who are here now and will come after I have left.

My plan for this blog is to elaborate a bit on the TEA Guide which is available from TEA (Twin-Cities Expat Association).  The TEA guide gives lists and contact numbers for all sorts of places and is useful to have.  I'd like this blog to provide the same information you'd get when you ask a friend for a recommendation.  I'll share the good places as well as the places I don't waste my time on.  Where is the best pedicure in town?  Where should I get my haircut/colored?  Where can I buy lettuce? What are the best shops for carpets? Does anyone know of a good tailor? etc, etc...

I should state right now, that I'm not a clubber/partier, I don't spend lots of money on clothes, I don't care about designer labels, I like value for the money, I like lots of choices, I like good food, I like honest salespeople, and I like finding things I'm looking for.  

1 comment:

  1. I'll be moving to Hyderabad next summer, I am an American currently living in Mexico and I've definitely acquired many sun dresses and summer clothing. Anything goes here in Mexico, I can wear whatever I want. I've read that in Hyderabad a woman must cover herself more, from the shoulders to elbows and skirts or pants past the knee, around mid calf. Is this true? Thanks

    ReplyDelete