Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hair Care

Not long after your arrival you will be plagued with the question "Where should I get my hair done?"  Wherever you go always always ALWAYS!! ask for a Senior Stylist!!  The price will be marginally more, but it can save you a big headache (pun intended)!

For the Gents 2 good bets are:

  • Ista Hotel in Gachibowli 040 4450 8888 (ask to be connected to the spa)
  • Tangerine on Road #36 Jubilee Hills, opposite Chutneys Phone 040 2355 4800  
  • I have also seen nice work done on gents at Envi Salon in Inorbit Mall, Madhapur, but I don't have any personal accounts to back that up. 040 4003 6014

Best to bypass:
Ellaa Suites salon:  my husband HAS had good haircuts there, but has also had NOT good haircuts there.  The quality of the cut is very much dependent on the stylist there, and in my opinion isn't worth the risk

Ladies:
My favorite is Bubbles Salon in Jubliee Hills opposite KBR park: 040 6576 5577. Tanjua is the best stylist there.  (they also do the best pedicures in the city IMO)
Also recommended:
  • Manea Salon in Banjara Hills : ONLY have Sachin do your hair!  Road #2 Banjara Hills, Park View Estate 1st floor  040 6678 4511
  • Mirrors Salon Road #1 Jubilee Hills, next to Celebrations  (a new one just opened on the main road in Madhapur, but I don't have the info yet)
  • Novotel Salon (Rosalie is the recommended stylist) 
Best to bypass:  Ellaa Suites salon.  Just don't bother.  Contact me and I could do a better job for you. 

These recommendations are only for haircuts.  Color is a different issue entirely.  Needless to say in India, colorists are most comfortable with shades of dark brown.  So if you have any other color hair, you may have difficulty getting your hair colored to your liking.  One friend wanted dark blonde and wound up platinum.  Another lady wound up orange because the colorist "mixed the color herself".  My best advice, since I don't color my hair, is to ask around before blindly choosing a colorist.   

2 comments:

  1. My husband goes to the Bubbles salon. Now that he's been a couple times, they've gotten his "signature" cut down nicely. And it's cheap so he doesn't worry if it's too bad.

    I've gotten a good cut for myself at Envi, but the coloring they did for me was pretty bad, considering how much they charged me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Manea Madhapur, you may also rely on Sai. And "normally", Sachin is coming every Thursday.

    ReplyDelete